problem exporting .mp4

• I have about 20 short clips of 5-20 seconds, that I made from a 20 minute gameplay capture.
    It exported the first 3 just fine, I am able to use the MP4's in windows 10 apps, "films and tv" and crucialy, the imaginatively named "video editor". But when I exported the fourth clip, and any others, the file is the right size on the disk, but the windows apps won't recognise them, opening a black screen. Interestingly, the file opens fine in VLC player, but I cant use VLC player to mash the clips up together into a video.

There's a spanner in the works somewhere, but I'm out of my depth. Windows doesn't even want to let me change the file extention to .avi, I miss DOS. And I need a hug.

*update, I am able to repair the mp4's with VLC player. praise the omnassiah.

• administrators

Can you send one of the misbehaving MP4s to us at [email protected] so we can investigate please?

• on reflection, I think it is probably not an FBX issue, just my laptop showing it's age. thanks for getting back to me.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.