Recorder wont open.

• Do you mean the "install" text file, the session file from the second reply above (which I don't have), the whole folder (which I can't send from the forum because it's too big and I don't know where I can send it to for further help with the folder), or a log file which I don't know where it is on the folder. I've also done Windows version compatibility troubleshoot which hasn't work, installing the new version and restarting my laptop which hasn't work; as well as examining what the program is doing in my task manager which is almost nothing which is a little strange. Also the helper, "BBLogServer" and the "OverlayWithComposition" program don't open up. I don't know what's up with my thing but I at least want to see a physical program, shrug.

• administrators

Hi,

If you have an install.txt file in the folder you tried to install FBX to, please send us that.

If you can find the folder c:\ProgramData\Blueberry Software\FBX Game Recorder
    and there are any folders named "session..." in that, please zip up the most recent of those and email the zip file to [email protected]

Thanks!

• Ok, it's been sent

• JUST FIXED IT. Had to install both Visual C++ 2017 which I don't know if the version in the game folder was 2017 but hey, I got it fixed.

• administrators

@Realmy-McExplorerFace said in Recorder wont open.:

JUST FIXED IT. Had to install both Visual C++ 2017 which I don't know if the version in the game folder was 2017 but hey, I got it fixed.

Thanks for letting us know! Seems installing the VC++ runtime causes a problem for some users. We're thinking about how to improve it...

• This post is deleted!

• @FBX-Recorder My Recorder won't open either, Whenever I run it it says "Allow to make changes to your device?" I hit yes, It closes and doesn't open, I also tried hitting no, didn't work either, Wondering if you knew how to fix it.

• @maruvik What I did was to install Visual C++ 2017 which seemed to open the program. Either look it up and install the 64-bit version (I'm assuming you have a 64-bit system if you don't get the 32-bit one) or you can right-click the shortcut your desktop, click on "Open File Location" and the installer is called "vcredist_x64" and "vcredist_32", respectively, install Visual C++ and tell me how it went.

• @Realmy_ Still didn't work /: I have the 2017 Version

• @maruvik 1. Uninstall and reinstall FBX, could be a faulty install? 2. Install the latest versions of DirectX, could also be that. 3. Troubleshoot using Windows, sorry I couldn't help ya, not too good with helping in general.

• administrators

@maruvik Can you take a look and see if you have any folders that contain log files. If you do, we can take a look at those.

• In Windows Explorer, go to c:\ProgramData\Blueberry Software\FBX Game Recorder.
    • If you can see any "Session..." files, right click one of them and select "Send To -> Compressed File".
    • Send the zip file that generates to us at [email protected]

If there are no Session folders, then it may well be a problem with the VisualC++ runtime installation, and I'll have to ask the developers for solutions.

• @FBX-Recorder said in Recorder wont open.:

Session...

i have no session files

• administrators

@HyperIceYT That should be "Session..." folders, not files. They should be in the c:\ProgramData\Blueberry Software\FBX Game Recorder folder.

• administrators

Alternatively, if you have the most recent version installed (2.7, released a few days ago), there will now be a 'Send a Problem Report' option available in the Blueberry Software folder in your Windows Start menu. You can use that to send the logs to us if you cannot find them.

• I hope the devs notice, but I have sent you guys an email, where I said that the recorder won't launch, I sent you guys the install.log file and the compressed zip copy of the FBX Game Recorder folder. You don't need to answer here, but answer my email I sent you guys. Good day to all.
    From Estonia, Naatan.

• administrators

If you're havign a problem starting FBX, you need to send us a report - emailing us a zip of your installation folder doesn't help.

Open your Windows Start menu, find the FBX Game Recorder section and then use the Send a Problem Report shortcut. That will send us your latest log files for us to check.

• I sent the report. Thanks for the reply.

• I have the same problem after I install the fbx and the it says unpacking the installer aftr that a shotcut appears on desktop when I open(double click it)it won't respond (i.e won't open )so plz help me

• administrators

@Gaming-Rockstar Please open your Windows menu, go to the FBX Game Recorder fodler and use the Send a Problem Report to send us your log files so we can check why it isn't starting.

• @FBX-Recorder You mean send the whole folder?

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.