No overlay on any game

• it dosen't matter which game i try, the overlay dosen't appear

• administrators

Do you know if the games that you are trying to record use DirectX 9 -12 or OpenGL? These are the games that FBX will currently record.

If the games do use these technologies or if you are not sure, can you use the 'Send a Problem Report' option on the Support tab of FBX to send us a set of log files please? We can take a look through those to try to figure out what is going on. If you could mention some of the games that you have tried in the report description, that would be helpful.

• counter strike nexon: zombies
    the sims 2
    deus ex 2000
    fortnite
    minecraft

thats pretty much all the ones i've tried
    (as a help to me can you send me a short list of games that you know will work with fbx)

• administrators

We've tested Fortnite and Minecraft many times and we know those can be recorded.

We've also just tested Counter Stroke Nexon: Zombies but could not record that. It looks like it has some anti-cheat software running which may be blocking FBX because it doesn't recognise it. We'll have to contact the developers to get FBX whitelisted as not being an cheat app.

Deus Ex is only DirectX7 so that won't currently record.

I'm not sure which version of DirectX The Sims 2 uses but I suspect it will also be older than DirectX9.

If you can send the problem report, we'll take a look for what's going on in your Fortnite and Minecraft sessions.

• administrators

We think that FBX is being blocked from accessing the games by another application, possibly RocketDock. Are you able to temporarily disable that and then try Minecraft or Fortnite to see if that makes any difference?

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.