FBX says it's still recording, but its not.

• I got FBX and a new Logitech C165 to go with it but when I record a video it says "FBX IS RECORDING PRESS F12 + CONTROL TO STOP" and I have to shut down my computer to get the window to go away.
    P.S this started when I use the webcam, with the laptop webcam it works just fine.
    Please help!

• administrators

Hi. We'll need to see a report to figure out what's gone wrong here. Can you:

• Reproduce the problem.
    • If FBX is stuck on "FBX is recording...", leave it for a minute, then kill the process using Task Manager (press ctrl+alt-del and select 'Task Manager', go to its 'Processes' tab, right click FBX and select 'End task'. Or, if you can't make this work, restart the PC.
    • Start FBX again, go to the Support tab and send us a report. We'll take a look.

Thanks!

• I've had the same issue but it only seems to occur after recording more than 6 minutes. It's happened three times and there is no way to get to the task manager when it does this because the screen goes black eventually and everything is locked up. It is, however, an infrequent issue overall.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-CCVEUTI
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF PC
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU VS826UT#ABA
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, 3159 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 786G2 v01.09, 8/25/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\windows
    System Directory C:\windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.371"
    User Name
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.93 GB
    Available Physical Memory 4.85 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 13.2 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 9.38 GB
    Page File Space 5.30 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions No
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

• administrators

If you haven't already, can you use the Send a Problem Report option on FBX's Support tab to send us an error report please? We'll need a set of log files to look at to try to figure this one out.

• @FBX-Recorder Ok, sure!

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.