FPS Won't stay at 60 fps

• FBX Insider

it gets worse once I go and use my AMD hardware encoder

0_1533853094216_Screenshot_8.png

• administrators

If you've an older Radeon, your best option may be to select '720p' resolution on the Settings -> Video tab, and reduce the recording FPS to 30. That should give the game some more resources to maintain its frame rate. Probably best if you stay with the AMD hardware encoder though.

• FBX Insider

Didn't work :(

• administrators

Be aware that the FPS displayed in the overlay is the FPS that FBX is getting in the recording, not the FPS you're getting in the game, which will be higher. Do the recordings look ok? If so, I wouldn't worry about that FPS figure much.

• FBX Insider

@FBX-Recorder Yea I know but its fine ima still use it anyway even if it sometimes lag, its probably just me

• I know this is an old thread, and that you may have fixed the problem or given up altogether, but you should be able to fix it using Task Manager (speaking from personal experience). First, get a task manager priority locker like Prio, Process Lasso, or Process Hacker (I suggest Prio, much simpler and easier to install than the others, find it at https://www.prnwatch.com/prio/). Then, after installation, open FBX. Open Task Manager as well. Navigate to the details tab and find the process labelled BBPlayFx.exe. Right click, make sure "Save Priority" is checked, then set the priority to High or Realtime. By default, it is set as normal. This allots slightly more system resources to the application, allowing for less or no frame drops in the recording.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.