I lost all the recorded videos after I had updated the software. How could I get those back?

• I lost all the recorded videos after I had updated the software. How could I get those back?

• administrators

Very strange - we can't reproduce the problem. Did you upgrade when prompted by FBX, or did you uninstall then reinstall?

We are discussing a solution - we'll let you know.

• @FBX-Recorder I updated the software through its prompt to update. I never thought it will also delete all the videos I recorded. I need those videos. Do you have any recommendation for me to recover those videos?

• administrators

That's very strange - we can't understand how it loses the videos. We've not had any other reports of this.

How to recover: Here is a new build

http://ds.bbsoftware.co.uk/dp.aspx?file=bbfbx_2.6.0.1933.exe

(If you're reading this after August 2018, be aware - the link above is probably to an old version)

The design of the feature isn't quite final, but it works. Click the '+' at the top of the Date-Game-Starred tabs in the Captures list. You'll be able to select a video file and it will be added to the list. FBX won't know what game its a recording of though. Hope this helps!

• @FBX-Recorder I tried to recover it using the above link but still I cannot see the videos I recorded prior to the software update. :-( I don't know how to recover those videos for free.

• administrators

FBX records videos by default to the Videos library, folder 'FBX Game Recorder'. Take a look in that folder for MP4 files to add. If the MP4 files are gone from that folder, then something else has removed them - it won't be FBX. Try checking the Recycle bin.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.