Missing options?

• I don't have any hardware encoder options at all, even though I have an NVIDIA card, which I think should at least give me NVENC or something along those lines. I also don't have the 120fps recording option (I was told that 120fps was in this recorder, but if not, that's alright). Is it something wrong with my computer?

CPU: i5 4670 Quad-Core
    GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 Low Profile

• administrators

Unfortunately the GT 1030 doesn't support NVENC - https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1027260/video-codec-sdk/whether-gt1030-is-support-nvenc-encoder-/. (As far as I'm aware it is the only 10 series that doesn't)

I'm a bit surprised that you don't have an Intel Quick Sync encoder available though. I thought that the i5-4670 would allow that. You could check that you have the latest Intel drivers installed to see if that makes any difference.

In regards to frame rate, you can capture at up to 144 fps when using a hardware encoder but for software encoders it is limited to just 60 fps - we found that higher frame rates than that for software encoders tended to put too much load on CPU's which caused a decrease in performance compared to capturing a lower frame rates.

• @FBX-Recorder I saw QuickSync on one other recorder, OBS, but only for streaming. It wasn't a recording option, which is odd. Also, isn't x264 CPU-based? As far as I know, that should work. I'll see if I can run it in compatibility mode or something like that, hopefully it will help.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.