Aiming for better sound quality

• Hello !

I started using FBX about 10 minutes ago and I can already see how efficient and useful it is. Very impressive !
    The other software I used made my computer lag, had mediocre quality. This is perfect ! Video quality is impeccable, with no lag at all.

One thing bugs me though. When rewatching the recording, the sound quality isn't as good. I'm recording a rhythm game, so you can understand the necessity for good audio. The audio recording tab doesn't show audio quality settings, as the video does.

Can I get better sound quality with FBX ? Deeper, richer, more stereo sound - as I get when I play the game directly ? Thank you.

P.S.: I'm not recording voice or webcam, only game video and game audio - and the game in question is osu!.

• administrators

Hi. Glad to hear you like FBX, for the most part. There is no audio quality setting in FBX right now. We're going to prepare a new build with higher quality sound, and send a link to the email address you've used to make your FBX account. See if that's better for your ears.

• I'm actually having the same experience as YulonSil describes. Is this build you mention already included in the current downloadable version? I've compared most Quality levels (Low to Max) and apart from definitely seeing a change in visuals, the audio does not seem to improve as much, or at all.

Otherwise a super useful product by the way! Definitely my new PC gaming capture software :)

• This post is deleted!

• administrators

@Mojokin Ok, we hear you and will add a sound quality setting. The fix mentioned previously wasn't relevant to your setup.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.