Terraria: No overlay popping up

• When I launch terraria , FBX refuses to launch its overlay on the game. I have no idea what's going on.

• administrators

I suspect this could be another case of anti-cheat software blocking FBX but I can't see Terraria listed for any of the usual suspects, such as Battleye, etc.

If you use the Send a Problem Report option on FBX's Support tab, that will send us a set of log files which will hopefully give us more information to go on.

• But when I try to do that, it says something about an invalid email.

• Also, does mods or fullscreen mode affect FBX's performance?

• Nevermind, report works.

• administrators

Also, does mods or fullscreen mode affect FBX's performance?

Thanks, we'll take a look to see if we can get to the bottom of it for you.

Also, does mods or fullscreen mode affect FBX's performance?

Third party applications like shader mods (SweetFX, etc) can prevent FBX from being able to capture at the moment because they can be competing to access the game in the same way as FBX is.

But if you mean simple game mods, I expect they would only affect performance if they increase the resource requirements (processor, memory, etc) of the game enough that your PC hardware is not able to handle the demand as well as when the game is running without the mod.

Similarly, switching between fullscreen and windowed modes should only affect performance if the game's increase in demand for system resources in fullscreen mode puts more strain on your PC's hardware.

• administrators

Did you have OBS running when your were trying to record Terraria with FBX? The log files you sent us seem to suggest that there was a conflict with OBS which prevented the FBX overlay from appearing.

If you completely close down OBS and then try to use FBX, does that make any difference?

• It works, thanks!

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.