Frame rate issues.

• I'm having a bit of an issue with this recorder currently.
    I was running in 1.2 and recently updated, and now FBX makes my games run a frame slower than what it's supposed to.
    I know that it's FBX because I only get the slow downs when it's on.
    This starts to become an issue if I want to record a video any longer than 10 seconds.
    Personally I use Blender to edit videos, and it's what I'm used to, but it likes a constant frame rate.
    When the frame rate gitters, or runs too slow, the audio and video start to go out of sync. In my case;
    One minute of recording would knock the audio a second out of sync.
    One hour of recording would knock the audio a minute out of sync.
    This is a bit of an issue, is there some kind of option I'm missing, or is there a fix coming soon?

• administrators

Hi. Are you using v1.5? We can't see any recordings with 1.5 for your meowium email address in our system.

We're very interested in the problem you've reported. There could be an issue with frame rates and the software encoder called "Lower quality, low CPU usage".

If you make sure the "Lower quality" software encoder isn't selected, do you still have sync problems? If so, can you send us a report from the Support tab. We'll take a look.

• I decided to fiddle with the options, and I got a good result. Thank you!

• Can you tell us what you did? We're interested - it might help other users!

And we can see you still recording with v1.4. You should be asked to update to v1.5 when it starts - you're not seeing this?

Thanks.

• It was an issue with the Encoder. Some of them cause noticble frame rate dips.
    I personally use Hardware Encoder NVIDIA H.246 Encoder MFT.
    This may not be there for you, but trying the other options may bring a acceptable result.

• administrators

Ok, thanks. The hardware encoders will give better performance, and sometimes better image quality, than the software ones.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.