It's me again.

• In my desprate attempts to record a new video for testing sake, I figured out that FBX has no support for RPG maker games. I want to letsplay a lot of indie games, and this is a real road block. Could you please add support?

• administrators

RPG Maker doesn't use either DirectX or OpenGL to render the image, which is the sort of content that FBX has been designed to capture. This currently prevents FBX from being able to detect and record it.

We may add a way to capture these sort of non-DIrectX and non-OpenGL games in the future but we'll be focusing on adding edit features and then probably streaming features before we can seriously think about that.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that you give our free screen recorder FlashBack Express a try - I'd expect that to be able to record RPG Maker and similar games.

• I downloaded Flashback Express, and then I realised something really quickly. Most of the games that don't work with FBX have some issues in FBE aswell.
    The resolution of these games is lower, and seems to cause issues with the recording.
    While I'm playing the game, the game plays at the proper fullscreen, but when I review the footage, it has shrunk it down and put it into the top left hand corner.
    This is not a desired effect, and I was wondering if there was a way to remove this in both FBX and FBE.

• Hi. Can we separate out the issues with Express and FBX - they use completely different methods of recording the screen, so the issues may not be related. So...

For Express, this 'top left corner' thing isn't something we've heard of before. Can you reproduce the problem, then go to the Help menu -> Support -> Report a Problem to Blueberry. And give us a quick description of the problem so we know its you and what you're trying to record.

For FBX - you're still talking about RPG Maker? Still wondering about options to make these non-DX/OpenGL games recordable.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.