Disable Automatic Background Downloading of Updates?

• Hey good evening!

I'm a big fan of your product and I really like it, I wanted to know if you could add a way to disable automatic background downloading of updates? One day I was using it and I noticed via Task Manager that it was using up a lot of bandwidth, so I figured it was downloading updates (and sure enough, next time I loaded FBX, it asked me if I wanted to install or not)

Fortunately at that time I wasn't trying to actually play anything, but if it tries to do this while I'm trying to play a game, it could really cause me to lag and possibly even disconnect. I was wondering if you could please add an option to choose whether or not to download updates?

Thanks!

• administrators

Ok. The installer is only 70Mb though, so it shouldn't use your connection for too long.

• Thank you very much for the reply. But my concern is that if I'm in the middle of a game and FBX automatically starts downloading an update, it'll cause my ping to spike and could really mess me up, a massive ping spike for even a minute or two could cause huge issues in game :-(

Or, does FBX only check for updates during startup?

• administrators

It just checks on startup. Hopefully it would be done by the time you're playing.

• @FBX-Recorder Thank you for the reply!

I was wondering if you could please add a way for us to pause or delay the automatic download? Sometimes it starts downloading on startup and we have to sit and wait for it to finish before we can start playing.

Or if it crashes mid game (which, fortunately, is a rare occurrence), and we have to restart it, we could get caught with massive downloads as we're trying to play our game.

Thanks!

• administrators

Thanks, your proposition seems reasonable. We'll consider it for future releases.

Login

Looks like your connection to FBX Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.